The intern will be primarily responsible for collecting climate impacts data related to the greater Coeur d’Alene, ID area and compiling a summary report that identifies key trends in the data. Other duties may include assisting with communications materials. The intern will work with members of the Kootenai Environmental Alliance Climate Action Coeur d’Alene organization to complete the project.
- Exceptional high school or undergraduate student
- Minimum 15 hours per week with a 6-week commitment (negotiable based on academic institution requirements)
- Interest in climate change, water, agriculture, forest fires, and other natural processes and resources
- Interests in digital data collection, interpretation, data visualization
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Experience with GIS beneficial but not required
- Organized, self-motivated, and detailed oriented
- Telework, but familiar with Coeur d’Alene region
Unpaid. All interns must be able to obtain academic credit through his/her high school or university
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information of two references familiar with your work experience (no personal references please) via email to Bill Irving: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put in the subject line: “Climate Change Intern”.