Kootenai Environmental Alliance is the oldest non-profit conservation organization in Idaho. Our mission is to conserve, protect and restore the environment with particular emphasis on the Idaho Panhandle and the Coeur d’Alene Basin. This position is responsible for organizing fundraisers and events to ensure promotion of KEA and its mission. Additionally, this position is also responsible for assessing and meeting KEA’s need through recruitment, placement and retention of volunteers. This position reports to the Executive Director (ED), is part-time and based in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. This position is part-time, 10-20 hours a week, salary based on experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and lead event & fundraising committee meetings including the Gala, junk2funk, Earth Day Fair, etc.
- Maintain social media sites to keep interested parties aware of program development and implementation.
- Engage community members in outreach programs to increase their knowledge.
- Serve as an ambassador of the mission of KEA in the interactions with current and potential partners and the media.
- Maintain relevant records and reports.
- Develop and participate in educational forums that engage the community in our mission.
- Maintain accurate information in KEA’s database.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview, recruit, train and develop volunteers to assist in carrying out community outreach activities.
- Supervise volunteers and provide direction, coordination and consultation for all volunteers.
- Work with KEA leadership to assess needs for volunteer assistance.
- Work collaboratively with staff and volunteers to identify new potential partners.
- Others duties as assigned.
- A passionate commitment to the mission of the organization as stated above.
- An enthusiastic and self-motivated attitude with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Relevant experience in two or more of the following: volunteer and leadership development; community outreach and education; fundraising/income development; nonprofit organizational development; grassroots and/or campaign organizing
- Willingness and ability to implement organizational non-profit fundraising efforts.
- Outstanding communication skills are necessary- including writing, public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint and a willingness to develop additional skills as needed.
- A high degree of integrity in dealing with confidential donor and financial information.
- Well versed in social media applications.
- Capable of updating websites using wordpress.
- Excellent writing and proof reading skills.
To apply send Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org